DFL plans hit hard: Dynamo Dresden quarantined for two weeks
A whole team, the coaches, the supervisors – all in domestic quarantine. So it happened to Dynamo Dresden, bottom of the league in the second division. No games for two weeks, no training. This raises new questions.
A week before the scheduled kick-off for the remaining season of the 1st and 2nd Bundesliga, hopes of a fairly orderly course of the remaining season in Corona times received a severe setback.
The entire SG Dynamo Dresden team, the coaching staff and the supervisory staff had to go into quarantine for 14 days on Saturday after two more positive tests for the Sars-CoV-2 virus. The game of the relegation-threatened Saxons in the second division on May 17 at Hannover 96 cannot take place.
The home game the following weekend against SpVgg Greuther Fürth should also have to be canceled. Because training is forbidden to the Saxons for two weeks. The fight against relegation from the league should be even more difficult for the current table bottom.
The German Football League said in the evening that Dynamo Dresden had informed them in advance. “At the beginning of next week, we will determine how to proceed with a view to the Dynamo Dresden schedule,” said a spokesman.
Quarantine for an entire team should be part of the nightmare scenario of the league bosses. “The fact is that we can neither train nor participate in the game in the next 14 days,” said Dynamo’s sports manager Ralf Minge. After the house quarantine, the players are likely to have a disadvantage compared to the teams that were able to train fully, should also be out of the question.
As Dynamo announced on its website, the health department responsible for the SGD in Dresden “decided after an intensive analysis of the situation on Saturday” about the measures. “In the past few weeks, we have made enormous efforts in terms of personnel and logistics in order to strictly implement all the prescribed medical and hygienic measures. We are in contact with the responsible health authority and the DFL to coordinate all further steps, ”emphasized Minge.
The club did not mention the names of the players concerned with reference to privacy. The third series of tests was carried out as scheduled on Friday. The affected professionals had been medically unremarkable in the past few days and are currently still symptom-free, explained the association, which had already reported positive results after the first series of tests. The team of coach Markus Kauczinski has been back in team training since Thursday. “Since then, two practice sessions have taken place in full contact,” the message said.